As I was sitting here brainstorming some more upcoming blog content and topics, I had some serious nostalgia vibes for my old LiveJournal days! I’ve tried to find mine so many times. LOL — I used to do these “surveys” all the time there in middle school where it would ask you a bunch of random get to know you questions. I’ve always loved answering those, and I’ve loved reading them about others! Maybe it’s just me and maybe this post will be super boring for all of you, haha. But it will at least be something different and fun to fill out!
1. What’s your favorite candle scent? Oh hands down, anything cinnamon or apple cinnamon scented. Not just candles either, usually my favorite scent for anything in the home.
2. What female celebrity do you wish you were related to? Hmm.. I don’t think I need to actually be related to anyone, but I would want to be friends with a few boss babes: Sia, Kristen Bell, Ellen, Amy Schumer, and not celebrities, but a whole list of influencers who I feel like they are my friends but I would love to be actual friends with, haha!
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Like the above, we don’t need to be related, but I would love to be legit friends with Jimmy Fallon, and Trey Kennedy. SO Hilarious. Twenty One Pilots. Tim Allen. (There are so many though)
4. What’s your favorite thing about marriage? (And if you’re not married, what’s your favorite thing about being single?) Oh gosh, so many things. We’re only 8 months in but I absolutely love being married. I think the biggest thing though is just knowing I have a forever partner and cheerleader in my corner. J is the best husband and the best friend – he is always in my corner, always cheering me on and supportive. Having that partner who is 1,000% there no matter what to depend on is so freaking awesome.
5. What’s one thing you own that you should probably get rid of, but just can’t? There are probably so many things – one thing I can think of is my wedding bouquet. It’s still sitting in a jar on top of our fridge. It’s hella-gross and dried and I cannot bring myself to throw it away! Other than that – I have a few pairs of comfy pants with many holes in them that are definitely not suitable for leaving the house at this point, but they are so worn-in and soft that I can’t bring myself to throw those away either.
6. Can you do a split? HA! That’s cute. No. I can barely sit cross-legged. My hips don’t even extend their full range anymore. Arthritis is fun.
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? Hmm.. I want to say 4 or 5 but I’m honestly not 100% sure. I think it was when we moved into our house after it was built and I was 4 then, going on 5.
8. How many oceans have you swam in? Hmm… 2, I believe! Atlantic and Pacific.
9. How many countries have you been to? 4 – Obviously the US; Also, Canada, Nicaragua, and Brazil
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? Nope!
11. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child? I loved Rugrats. I loved The classic 90’s Nickelodeon cartoons around that time.
12. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight? Hmm – what was I when I was 8. My memory is horrific if you haven’t caught on to that by now. So that was third grade — pretty sure I was a either a rockstar or Jasmine. Jasmine was likely too young, but you’re welcome for that photo below any way. 😉
13. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Any and all!You’d be hard pressed to find a popular (or unpopular) book series that I haven’t read, haha.
14. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? British, but probably because it’s what I don’t have so it would be fun to have something different!
15. Have you ever taken karate lessons? Nope! But I always wanted to! Maybe I’ll take self-defense classes one of these days; I think that would be a really awesome skill to have.
16. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Um, yes. This seems like a super random question, ha!
17. What’s the first amusement park you’ve been to? I would say probably Disney World when I was 4 or 5 — other than that, I know I went to Cedar Point when I was younger and Bush Gardens. But I hate rides and there’s a hilarious story of me on what is likely the equivalent of a kiddie ride, yelling/screaming for my daddy, except he was working and not even with us during the day (it was my brothers, my mom, and their friends and their friends’ mom) haha. My mom remembers trying to stop the ride by yelling to the guy every time we’d spin around to that side of the ride. LOL — scarred me for life apparently. 😉
18. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in? Probably Spanish just because it would be the closest next language to learn for me given that I’ve studied it the most. It would be really cool to learn Swahili, Mandarin, or French, but I have the most extensive background with Spanish.
19. Do you spell the color as grey or gray? Hmm — I’m pretty sure I spell it as gray.
20. Do you know triplets? Not triplets personally but my brothers are twins!
21. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Oh gosh — classics! I really can’t choose – I absolutely love both of those movies.
22. Have you ever had Indian food? I love Indian food! Although I’m a huge wimp with spicy food and I have a very bad case of GERD so I don’t really eat it often anymore unless it’s a mild or not very spicy option.
23. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? Basically anything local, farm to table in Grand Rapids (Michigan). We have such a gem of restaurants in our city (and our State as a whole) that sometimes I want to protect them and make sure we don’t get overrun by tourists! That’s #PureMichigan. 😊
24. Have you ever been to Olive Garden? Many times! And I still do. Judge away, but I love me some salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden. We still go there on a regular basis with my husband’s family.
25. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I’m not sure about opposite gender, but I do know that my parents almost named me Kasey! (Or Casey, not sure if it was going to be with a C or a K)
26. If you have a nickname, what is it? Peanut, Monkey, Krissy. Peanut: mostly from my Dad or the rest of my family. This was from when I was a baby and super little. I slept with my arms and legs tucked under me and butt in the air looking like a little peanut. Monkey: occasionally from my husband, we also call one of our cats Monkey — not sure how I should take that actually. Haha! 😂 Krissy: from my Dad, shortened of Kristin. ❤️
27. Who’s your favorite person in the world? My husband! I don’t get sick of him, I’m sure after 30 years of marriage I will, but since we’ve been married less than a year, I still adore being with him every second. 😊
28. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs? Rural for sure. There is nothing I want more than for J & I to be able to afford a piece of land, far away from neighbors, surrounded by trees.
29. Can you whistle? Eh, moderately so but nothing to write home about.
30. Do you sleep with a nightlight? No, I can’t. Needs to be dark!
31. Do you eat breakfast every morning? No, but I’m trying to be better about that. I’m a lot better than I used to be. If it’s not a substantial breakfast, I at the very least usually have a matcha oat milk latte and a protein shake. Those are my go-to’s during the work week. On the weekends, we have larger breakfasts of smoothies, pancakes or waffles, eggs, or something else.
32. How many times have you been to the hospital? HA! This year? Just kidding, but seriously. I grew up being kind of a sick kid – and if you know anything about me you know I have multiple chronic illnesses. I would say I go to the hospital once or twice a year in a good year. This past winter/spring wasn’t great and included 8 times in 4 months. I would honestly say it’s probably between 75 and 100 if I had to take a guess. I have had a few times where I was very sick. And I’ve also had a few major surgeries.
33. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? One of my favorite animations! And if you’ve seen pieces of one of my husband’s tattoo sleeves, you’d know it’s one of his too.
34. Where do you buy your jeans? Old Navy, hands down. So comfortable, always long enough, always high rise enough, tons of variety, not a million dollars. <— very important because I’m not a huge fan of jeans.
35. What’s the last compliment you got? Hmm — good question, I think it was earlier this morning from my husband: “I want you to know I think about you every day and how grateful I am that you are in my life.” I know — I’m desperately in love with him too. 😍
36. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Actually yes! I usually have about 2-5 minutes where I remember the overall gist of the dreams, and then it’s gone. But sometimes, and by sometimes it can be as often as once every week or two, I get a dream that sticks with me so much that I actually have to stop and think throughout the day to remind myself that it wasn’t real and that it was, in fact, a dream.
37. Favorite beverage that isn’t water? Matcha lattes, or iced tea.
38. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? Hahaha, too many but I did recently clean out my closet and get rid of the really old junky ones. I probably have 25 pairs now, give or take a few.
40. What is one food that you used to hate but now you love? Hmm, I used to be pretty dang picky but there are only a small handful of foods I don’t like now. I would say one that I love now and really hated before would be Brussel Sprouts. SO good.
39. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? Hmm, I’m not sure I remember how old I was. I remember I finally figured it out because I recognized my parents’ handwriting on the gifts under the tree that said Santa. Maybe 8 years old if I had to guess?
41. What is a weird lie you’ve told? I remember once that a friend and I in high school bypassed a stoplight by going through a shopping center (yes I know now that this is illegal) and we got pulled over by a cop. We told the cop we were returning a movie rental, and we obviously weren’t. Big surprise the cop knew we were lying and called our parents. LOL. Needless to say we learned an important lesson that day. 😂
42. Heels or flats? Flats — maybe wedges if I’m feeling self-destructive. But again, hello arthritis.
43. Do you have any weird phobias? I don’t think I have weird ones really — spiders/any bugs, heights for sure, or maybe this next one is weird, I really can’t handle raw meat. My husband cooks all of it for me even when he doesn’t eat most of it.
44. What is a phrase or word you always say? I say for fucks sake quite a bit, and like a typical Michigander or Midwesterner, I say Ope or Ope excuse me allllll the time, haha.
45. What is a song that you blast or belt out when you are alone? Literally all songs. It’s one of my favorite things to do: belt out singing anything when I’m by myself or driving in the car. 😂
46. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? I hate liars, I hate loud chewers, I don’t like inconsistency in labeling or titling things, I hate when people stop walking in the middle of the sidewalk in front of everyone. There are so many more but listing everything would just make me look cranky. 😉
47. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed? Closed, but mostly because we keep all closets closed so we don’t have wandering kitties. 😂
48. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Hmm, a big bear. It feels like it would be less torturous?
49. Do you have any weird things you do? This is a tough one — I have a few weird habits I do with organization for work. With to-do lists, if I make a mistake, or if there is a lot crossed off on the list, I have to start over and create a brand new list. I also like one particular Sharpie, in one particular color and point, once the point is bent (because I write hard) and not as fine, I don’t really like to use the pen any more. So I go through a lot of them. I know, it’s wasteful, but I can’t help it! I’m known as the note taker at work, and any one can find any notes in my old notebooks about any project. I keep them all. Okay maybe all of this is weird, haha.
50. What movie could you watch over and over again and still love? Oh gosh – I’m starting to be able to do this with a lot more movies than before because J loves to rewatch movies SO frequently. Probably Love & Basketball, Bridesmaids, Cast Away, Into the Wild, Anchorman, so many more.
What other questions do you have? Favorite blog post types? Anything you want to know about me?